Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How to Be Happy, Part 4

Thanksgiving.

My wife bought a book  with 101 things to be thankful for. It was a very simple and small book,  but I learned one important lesson from it. One of the entries in the book  read something like this:

"Thank you God that I have dishes to wash."

This  short statement made a big impact on the way I look at thanksgiving. How  often do I complain about a dirty house, instead of thanking Him that I  have a house to clean and I do not live in a homeless shelter or under  a bridge?

How often do I complain about the tremendous effort of mowing  the yard every week, instead of thanking him for giving me a huge yard  where my children will be able to play, and grow, and have fun?

How often  do I complain that my wife cannot read my mind and do things the way I  want them to be done, instead of thanking him that He has given me the  most amazing woman I have ever met as my helpmate, companion, and friend?  If truth were told, she is a great tool that God uses to point out just  how selfish and self-centered I am. How often do you think I have thanked  him for that?

Thank you Lord for using my wife to reveal my sinfulness  to me, to show me how selfish and self-centered I am!!

Well, that is one.

Now  it is your turn. What have you been complaining about that you should have  been thanking Him for?

The simple habit of turning every complaint into  a prayer of thanksgiving could change your life!

I'll see you next time,  when we will continue this series on How To Be Happy!!

Lets Grow Together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment