Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Practice of the presence of God - Brother Lawrence

Today, I wanted to share with you a book that inspired me greatly when I first became a follower of Christ. I do not remember who introduced me to this Christian Classic, but I am glad that they did.
 
The book is titled: The Practice of the Presence of God, Rules of Holy Life
 
Here is a link to the Wikipedia Article on the book, as well as one to the "Biographical" page of Brother Lawrence.
 
Since this book was written several hundred years ago, it is part of the public domain and can be obtained for free. I was glad to discover that Project Gutenberg, The Christian Classics Ethereal Library, and LibriVox have free copies of this work in written and audio formats.
 
So here are the links.
 
Free text Version at Project Gutenberg can be found here, Available in the following formats: Text, HTML, Epub, Kindle, and more
 
Free Audio version at LibriVox can be downloaded from here
 
Free and Paid copies of the text and audio versions at The Christian Classics Ethereal Library can be found here
 
I hope it blesses you in the same way it blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment